Learning form SAP HANA Boot Camp
HANA BOOT CAMP
It was a great days for me and I got to participate in HANA Boot Camp for SAP startup focus 🙂
It is great experience with HANA use cases and building the capabilities in HANA. As my understanding i am sharing to us. 🙂
SAP HANA is the platform that provides real-time analytics and applications which helps customers to manage and analyze massive volumes of data instantly and cost effectively, while reducing IT complexity.
SAP HANA helps customers:
- Find valuable and actionable information from their mass amounts of data
- Accelerate business processes with rapid analysis and reporting
- Invent new business models and processes
- Reduce Total cost of ownership (TCO) with less hardware and maintenance
At the end of this course, you should be able explain how SAP HANA:
- Supports analytical applications that work with big data
- Delivers real-time decision support in complex data environments
- Supplies effective predictive capabilities
- Benefits from advances in hardware and software technology that provide revolutionary processing speeds while reducing administrative costs
The SAP HANA Appliance
SAP’s HANA is a combined hardware and software solution that includes server technology, from one of multiple hardware partners paired with SAP HANA appliance software. HANA stands for High performance Analytics Appliance. The in-memory technology employed with this appliance is the next wave of technology innovation which serves up processing power and speeds that allow customers to take massive quantities of real-time data and analyze it on the spot.
What is In-Memory Computing?
In-memory computing is an innovative technology that improves business processes by combining rapid database transactions with real-time data analytics. This database system relies on main memory for data storage versus a disk storage mechanism which makes for faster access to the database and all associated information. The SAP HANA platform leverages in-memory computing to speed up data-intensive process, reduce complexity and accelerate the value delivered from IT.
Our World – SAP HANA
The Your World application is based in SAP HANA, and demonstrates real-time queries against a mid-sized data set (70 million rows). The geographic area displayed on the map provides the first criteria for aggregation – the population totals shown at the bottom of the browser. You can layer on additional criteria in an ad-hoc fashion, for example, the number or percent of people in the displayed area that hold college degrees. All aggregations are done on the fly, in real-time.
These are all topics are covered.
- Technical Overview of SAP HANA
- Provision HANA servers from Amazon
- Install client software
- Configure the HANA Studio development environment
- Business Story and Data Model
- SAP HANA Modeling
- Modeling in SAP HANA
- Calculation Views and Procedures in SAP HANA
- Configure Application Development Environment
- Application Services (ODATA)
- Application Services (XSJS)
SAP HANA Technical Overview
- Key SAP HANA Innovations
- HANA Building Blocks
- Moving to HANA
Leveraging and Extending Software + Hardware Innovation
What Makes HANA the Platform of Choice and how is it working HANA Data Base?
- XS App Server
- Unstructured (Text)
- Scripting Engine
- Predictive Analysis Library
- Business Function Library
What Makes HANA the Platform of Choice?
- RESTful services
- JSON / XML
- MS Excel
- 3rd Party OLAP Tools
- Near Real Time
- SAP & Non-SAP
- Batch Transfer
- SAP & Non-SAP
- Extensive Transformations
- Structured & Unstructured
- Hadoop Integration
- ODBC / JDBC
- 3rd Party Apps
- 3rd Party Tools
- NetWeaver BW
- SAP BOBJ
SAP HANA ACID complaint data base and enterprise data base it will carry massive data storage
SAP HANA is a relation data base like Oracle, DB2, and SQL….
- What’s the Diff? Column Store vs. Row Store?
- SAP HANA Design Goals
- Hardware innovation leads to software innovation
- Multi-engine data platform: beyond SQL
- Simplified System Architecture
- Support for up to very large data-sets
- Failure recovery and High Availability
- The Power of In-memory
- SAP HANA Building Blocks
- HANA Deployment Options for Different Use Cases
HANA is at the heart of SAP’s vision and strategy
Configuring the development environment
Switch to the SAP HANA Development Perspective in the SAP HANA Studio
Create a repository by creating a repository workspace (on your local machine) and pointing to you HANA system.
Create a package for your application under the Content part of the SAP HANA server
Begin Team development of your application in the Project Explorer Tab
Open SAP HANA, Developer Edition, in your Amazon Web Services Account
Install the SAP HANA Client and SAP HANA Studio Software on your Laptop
Open SAP HANA Studio and Connect to SAP HANA on AWS
How to create the Attribute, Analytical, Calculation views
Create a SQL Script Procedure
How to create a SQL Script procedure for calculating the sales prices based on the discounts for different product categories. Also, use an input parameter to filter the data by product type.
Creating a simple OData Service:
To create an O Data service from an existing HANA table or view, you need to only define an XSODATA service definition file.
Calling the O data service from UI:
Creating a XSJS Service:
i will share some more documents soon…..
Thanks to KGS.Saravanan, Suneet and Chinmaya 🙂
Hope it will help for beginners.