Another new property is presented solely for VC5: The Button Image. It is now possible to define an Image as well as Text. Here is a simple application snapshot, using three such buttons:
I’m not going through the implementation of a modeling scenario, only presenting the new UI capabilities.
1. Start with a basic scenario that includes a Grid View:
2. In the Layout Board add Buttons to the Toolbar of the Grid View.
3. Edit the Image (new) property of the Button in the dialog. In this case I am referring to the URL of my desired icon.
4. Edit the Text, Tooltip and Action as needed.
5. Edit the Title (Visibility / Text) and Toolbar (Visibility / Location) properties of the Grid View as needed. Note that in VC5 a Top Toolbar is presented together with the Title.
Recent VC5 presentations / movies: