In this Customizing activity, you specify the frequencies for use in the Process Control and Risk Management applications. In addition to the defined standard frequencies, the possible user-defined frequencies are: quarterly, semi-annually, and other non-calendar based cycles.
Note: Frequencies are defined for one year and are then used for all subsequent years.
The following four frequencies are hard-coded in the system: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
To specify frequencies, proceed as follows:
- 1. Choose New Entries.
- 2. Enter the frequency according to your company’s user-defined standard codes, for example, 0SEMI_ANN.
- 3. Select the Active checkbox if you want to activate this frequency. If you want to deactivate the entry, for example, if you do not want to use the frequency any longer, you can unselect the checkbox.
Note: To ensure data consistency, you must deactivate the frequency and not delete it. This is necessary to avoid deletion of the historical data.
- 4. Enter a description for the frequency, for example, Semi-annually.
- 5. Save the entry.
Definitions of frequencies and timeframes are used in the following system activities:
- Process Control and Risk Management:
- Selection of time window in reporting
- Process Control only:
- Editing time window for most of the screens (RM provides the date selection on the same screens)
- Selection of the timeframe for the planned activities in PC Planner (RM again provides the date selection on its screens)
- Selection of the frequency for the execution of the automated controls in the scheduler.
Eskom Configuration:Not Used – Basis set to default