Do you need to notify SAP WF Agents with separate WF Items, or altogether with the same WF Item, using a single WF Task?
Good day colleagues:
This is just a quick trick with which you can quickly decide whether you want to
1) Create/submit multiple SAP WF Items of the same SAP WF Task to a list of Agents, but each action upon the Item is independent, hence resolving it does not affect the other Agent’s Workliskt, or
2) Create/submit a SAP WF Item to all your Agents, same SAP WF Task, so that the first one who works upon it and resolves it, removes the Item from his/her own Worklist as well as from the other Agent’s,
Condition: You have a multiline ApprovalAgents container element in your WF.
Advantage: 1. The SAP WF Task for the approval does not have to change in any of the 2 cases explained, only the WF Step’s Miscellaneous Tab does.
2. This saves you from having to implement a SAP WF Fork.
My promise to you: It is going to be short this time, I promise.
1. Each Agent gets a separate SAP WF Item.
Add or make sure your ApprovalAgents multiliner container object is added in the field below.
Testing the SAP WF, as explained with detail in http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2014/01/23/sap-crmsolman-charm-multiple-target-agents-via-sap-workflow–minimal-abap-development–part-4, to obtain.
2. All Agents get the same WF Item.
We had to reduce the expression &APPROVALAGENTS[&_WF_PARFOREACH_INDEX&]& to &APPROVALAGENTS&
Testing the SAP WF, we obtain.