My name is Caroleann Boyle. I am a recent Penn State grad with a major in Corporate Communications. I am new to SAP- having only started three weeks ago. I am the newest addition to the talent marketing team.
To give you a little background about myself, I am the middle child in a family of five and for as long as I can remember I’ve played team sports like soccer, softball, flag football, track, and basketball.
Working in an environment that requires various talents and perspectives to achieve a goal isn’t something I’m just familiar with- I thrive in it. Along the journey of figuring out what I wanted to do in life I’ve taken jobs which required me to work alone and sometimes in situations where my thoughts and perceptions meant next to nothing to my coworkers and managers. From those experiences,
I learned that I need to be part of a team and by “team” I mean belonging to a group that actually appreciates the efforts of everyone involved with one shared objective. To me, the most rewarding work is done by collaborating with others who have differing talents and perspectives than myself to achieve a goal beyond what we could have done alone.
I am delighted that at SAP I apply my strengths and talents in an environment that provides me with constructive feedback unlike any place else. I love being able to collaborate and bring the best of my abilities to the table with others who are excited to do the same.
Blog It Forward
I will be passing the torch to Shreya Datta, Juliane Krampe, and Melanie Vanleeuwen who will be sharing their stories next week.
If you would like to join in on our conversation, please post a blog with “Run with Purpose Challenge” in your blog title. Also add the tags “run_with_purpose” and “run_with_purpose_challenge” to your Communities blogs and Jam posts (on the right-hand gray panel, click “Add” to add tags).
Please respond back to one of the questions below:
- My purpose in my work is definitely not ___. I tried ___ out and after this experience I realized it really wasn’t for me, but ___ is. (Give an example of something you tried that may not have worked out, or has helped redirect you to work that has been more enjoyable and rewarding for you.)
- What inspires you the most about your work right now?
- How do your passions contribute to your work here at SAP?
- How does having purpose/passions in your work at SAP allowed for success or advancement?
- How do you think your work create a positive impact for other people or the world?
- What does it mean to run with purpose and how does it relate to the work you do at SAP?
- Share a fun fact and photo of yourself along with your blog post, or a photo of your office or country!
Enjoy and have fun!
Want to find a career you can really be passionate about?
Browse all of our open positions at –http://jobs.sap.com
Learn more about the workplace culture at SAP, see pics of our offices, talk to recruiters, and get real time job openings by connecting with us on our social pages: