Hello all SCN members,
I joined SCN about three months back, and with SCN I feel like having user friendly guide that can help me reach heights that am aspiring to. Since it took me a while to get familiarize with the effectiveness of SCN, I would like to help all the fresher and other beginners of the forum to know more about SCN and make them use the SCN more effectively in a short span of time.
In this blog I would like share my experience on how SCN was to me at my first sight and how it helps me now to feel confident with my career path. This blog is will definitely be useful to all the fresher of SCN, wondering on how SCN can be used effectively. In short I would like to enlist on how I got to know about SCN and later how it helped me, what are all contents that lifted my confidence in using the forum in a better way.
HOW WE GET TO KNOW ABOUT SCN.
· If you are searching any content on SAP in any topic, we will see at least the first 5 results having a link directing to SCN. This is how most of us get to know about SCN including me.
· Also we would hear about this forum from many of our senior SAP members, but we hardly pay interest to them at first instant.
· Later when we really get deep into the SAP domain we find the real use and effectiveness of this forum.
WHAT MOST OF US DO IN SCN?
· Everyone in the field wants solution only to their own question, so most of us open an account in SCN with an intention to create a discussion but ignoring the value and service it is providing to us.
· This can be best explained when we find many of the unanswered threads by users who are in glass level for a long time. This is also because of their ignorance in following up to the discussion that was created by them.
SCN FOR US.
The foremost action that all SCN fresher must do after opening the account is to navigate through the forum and try to get a feel of the forum, self-navigation is the best way to get to know about this forum. Also there are many other useful blogs from the experts and SCN members that will help us to know about the forum. SCN is intended mostly to provide the knowledge to all the beginners with the help of experts. So it is the prime responsibility of us to use it to the maximum in the form of reading through many useful blogs, documents that are created by the experts and also following discussions that is related to our field.
Participate in maximum events that is happening in SCN and try extract the full essence of each event. There are many events and contests that happen so often. Also try to complete the missions given in the reputation tab, try to take this mission as a challenge and complete which will lead to give you a good insight about the forum and also encourage you by awarding badges. The missions are organized well by the SCN members form basic to top level, which actually encourages the fresher and make them familiarize with the forum.
Try to share your own experience in the form of creating blogs and documents, which will not only help others with the knowledge that you have shared but also it will result in you being known to others. Try to create more friends in SCN by following them.
Apart from these SCN also helps us to know about different topics and contents by providing online sessions, guiding us in doing SAP certifications etc. In short SCN helps us on every step that we keep to achieve our goal. Their enormous effort in developing the forum must be used to its full extent by the beginners like us. The more we use the forum the more we get benefitedJ
I would also like to enlist few important blogs which actually lifted my confidence both in my career and also helped in using SCN more effectively. Thanks a ton to all the experts who have created the below blog. Hats off to you people.
1) In this blog I learnt few basic steps that can be taken to prepare for any certification,
2) The following blogs helps you to know more about SCN other members and helps in creating more friends,
3) The following blog helps you to understand on how to prepare better blogs, and other ideas behind creating the blog,
4) This blog helps you on how to use the SCN search,
5) This document helps you in knowing about the list of missions, their condition to achieve the badge and all other related information. With this we can really develop a challenging attitude towards learning the different SAP concepts and sharing our experience.
6) Even for understanding the rules of engagement, our SCN is kind enough to provide badges and encourage us with points just for reading the rules and participate in a simple poll.
7) For more info : Getting Started with SCN
Am sure most of you would have come across more blogs and documents other than this which will help all of us to familiarize with the forum and be of great use for beginners and other fresher in the domain. I would kindly request you to enlist those blogs and documents for which am also keen to know about.
As we all know we don’t have a well-established forum like SCN for any other domain. So it is the responsibility of the beginners like us to use it to the maximum by participating in the events and of course to share the knowledge that we have gained through our career. J
Lets collaborate, share and learn in SCN !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Thanks and regards,
Satish Kumar Balasubramanian