Synchronization of config between SRM and ECC
There were few posts in SAP SRM space on synchronizing Country/Region/Country Code/Currency code definitions between SRM and ECC and transporting the config from Dev to QA and Production systems.
This blog is to address such questions of synchronizing certain configuration data between SAP SRM and ECC systems using Standard SAP.
This is really useful during initial system setup as well as during systems upgrade as the the basic definition/configuration data delivered by SAP differs in different Applications of Business Suite .
It is a must to have these basic setup/definition setup exactly the same in SRM and ECC for replication of vendors, Requisitions, Purchase orders etc. If there is a mismatch in setup, then replication will throw up errors.
This blog explains the feature for Country definition setup between SRM and ECC. Other configuration can be updated similarly.
1. Login into SRM system. Open SPRO and navigate to the required node.
2. Open the node. Click on Utilities->Adjustment.
3. Choose the R/3 RFC connection and Proceed. Following Comparison will be shown.
4. Click on the Legend Icon (CTRL+F8) to understand what ML , MR, L and R imply.
5. Clicking on the Filter icon will let you filter Identical or Different entries.
6. Assuming ECC has the correct setup, Choose the entry which needs to be synchronized and click on Adjust button.
7. Multiple options here. Clicking “Copy Entry” button will copy the ECC entry to SRM. Clicking on “Copy Field “button will copy the specific field from ECC to SRM. If you selected multiple entries in initial screen, clicking on “Copy All” button will copy all the selected entries from ECC to SRM.
Clicking on “Delete Entry” button will delete the entry from SRM system.
8. If you chose “Copy Entry” option, entry is copied form ECC and you get a message ” Entries are identical in both systems/clients”.
9. Now click on Back button twice. Choose Yes on following popup. Next, when you back out from the view, you will be asked to choose the Transport.
With this transport, you can synchronize your SRM QA and SRM Production.
So before you decide to manually synchronize config, check for Menu Utilities–>Adjustment.
Hope this is userful!