Working on a Solution Manager upgrade project with CHaRM in place involves gathering of a lot of information which clarifies the impact of Solution manager upgrade with charm migration. Sharing a consolidated strategy and list of activities to be considered for Solution Manager upgrade with CHaRM migration. Let us have a look on the upgrade roadmaps that need to be considered when we plan do Solution manager upgrade with CHaRM in place.
Upgrade Roadmap 1:
- Close the maintenance cycle (SDMN) in old Solution Manager system. Assign the open transactions to new maintenance cycle in upgraded solution manager.
- After the upgrade open transactions with older transaction types like SD*, ZD*etc exist but no new transactions can be created for SD* or ZD* . If any new change transaction is created by SD* or ZD* in upgraded Solution manager system then it will not be supported by SAP any more.
- Close all the open transactions in old Solution Manager system (i.e of transaction type SD* or ZD*) before upgrade from Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.1.
- This will involve a huge amount of effort and time to close all the open transaction till date and this is practically not feasible.
- Do not close the old maintenance cycle, after upgrade the open transactions will be processed by old transaction types with old maintenance cycle.
- The new transactions will be created and processed by new transaction types with new maintenance cycle.
- The old project can be found in specific table /TMWFLOW/OLDPROJ.