Step by Step Process to Release Forecast from APO DP to ECC
Many customers want to have the advanced forecasting using APO DP but want to continue processing forecast for further planning in ECC. Hence it becomes necessary to bring forecast from APO DP to ECC. SAP provides two processes to release forecast from APO to ECC
a) 1) Release forecast from APO DP planning book to ECC
b) 2) Release forecast from Info provider to ECC
We have adopted the first process as it is easier to configure/manage. In our case, customer also wants to split monthly forecast (for 3 months) to weekly level during the release. Hence a period split profile and distribution function were necessary to maintain. Here is the step by step procedure:
1. A) Maintain Period Split Profile
2. B) Create a Planning Book/Data view containing only the Key Figure that needs to be transferred. We may use an already existing Planning Book/Data View. Planning Book would have only one periodicity
3. C) Create Transfer Profile
4. D) Generate and activate Integration Model for relevant Product, Plant and PIR. Relevant Product and Plant data should be in sync between ECC and APO.
5. E) Maintain Distribution Definition
6. F) Maintain Publication Strategy. In our case, it was a real time transfer between APO and ECC
7. G) Create Activity and Background Job
Once Background job runs, Forecast would move as PIR to ECC and can be visible using transactions e.g. MD04.