SAP Data Services 4.x Certification Tips
We all know that SAP Education, recently released a new certification on SAP Data Services 4.x version. Regarding this, one blog was published by Ina Felsheim long back. To see the full details of the blog, click here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44139
I had many doubts regarding Certification on 4.x version like what modules are included i.e., only Data Integration or both both Data Integration and Data Quality, Is Text Data Processing included, Is SAP extraction is included or not and so on. Even after referring the above blog and going through other certification related threads in SCN and other portal, my doubts were not fully clarified. Last week, i cleared my certification on SAP Data Services 4.x version and by that all my doubts are fully clarified.
I thought, to share my experience, topics covered and tips in SCN and i hope this blog will help to those who are going to attempt / taking certification in future. This blog will clear all the doubts on 4.x certification. Also, refer the above blog which will helps a lot.
1. Certification Title: SAP Certified Application Associate – Data Integration with SAP Data Services 4.x
As title says Data Integration with SAP Data Services 4.x, the certification includes only Data Integration topics i.e., Only Data Integrator Transforms are covered not Data Quality Transforms. So, no need to prepare Data Management related topics for this certification.
2. SAP Data Services Version: 4.x (4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2) – Preferable to go through with 4.1 / 4.2 version User Manual for preparation.
3. Topics Included: As mentioned in above blog, BODS10 is the base Training Material and all the topics in BODS 10 are covered in this certification.
4. Additional Topics Included (apart from BODS 10): Text Data Processing (TDP), Performance Optimization and SAP Extraction
5. Apart topics covered in BODS10 and additional topics listed in point 4 above, this certification also covers 30% hands on experience i.e., scenario based related questions. So, it is preferable to have minimum working experience on SAP Data Services 4.x version.
6. Cut off Marks: Total questions – 80, Cut of Marks – 64 % (i.e., minimum you have to correct 52 Questions), Total Time – 180 Min., Question Pattern – Objective Type (Single or Multiple answers – for multiple answers, clearly mention how many are correct)
7. Reference Material: As per my experience, check BODS10 for the topics and for preparation better go through with User Manual 4. 1 or 4.2 version (you can download from SAP Help portal), concentrate more on below topics:
- Designer Guide
- Reference Guide
- Performance Optimization Guide
- Supplement Guide for SAP
8. CMC & DS Workbench Topics: As per my experience, no questions are covered from BOE CMC (also called BIP or IPS) & Data Services Work Bench
9. Other Tips: This version certification covers questions more from knowledge or awareness of SAP Data Services tool, but as i said more than 30 % of questions are scenario based, working experience is must to take the certification.
I hope the above points / tips will help you for preparation to take the SAP Data Services Certification in 4.x version.
All the Best!