5 Mobile Strategy Tips from SAP
SAP recently highlighted a strategy for “lean” mobility: mobility without excessive planning or heavy infrastructure. A good lean mobility plan should focus on the flexibility and speed of mobility rather than a long-term, resource-intensive overhaul. That generally means making a strategy quickly, adapting to keep up with the new technologies in the mobile sphere.
The strategy laid out by SAP focuses on five areas:
1) Choose Technology Last. The motivation here is simple: you don’t want to build a strategy around a single device, you want to build a strategy around what that device is. Focus on utility, not brand names.
2) Look Before You Leap. Understand what your client needs. Get the data you need to prepare yourselves.
3) Ideate Often. Set an overall strategy, but be prepared to change that strategy quickly. Good ideas don’t always come up front.
4) Choose Wisely. Set achievable goals. Don’t overreach with a strategy that isn’t deep enough or properly suited for the task at hand.
5) Stop Debating, Start Doing. Provide a solution as soon as possible. Let the client’s real-time use of that solution tell you what to do next.
5 simple but effective tips from SAP. Excellent advice for enterprise-grade mobility projects that need to be implemented as soon as possible, without putting all your eggs in one basket.