Is it possible to PGI when delivery and picking quantities are different?
I’ve updated this document adding an example run in WM and added business case scenarios where this solution should be implemented and cases where quantity difference could happen.
Is it possible to PGI when delivery and picking quantities are different? In many forums i’ve seen answers that this is not possible.
However, it is possible when the picking quantity is greater than delivery quantity (over picking). Do you want to know how? Keep reading!
Customizing, logistics, shipping, Configure Global Shipping Data
Tick on entry GI for over picking
Now, run OVM1 to customize error messages VL 019 from E (error) to W (warning)
When posting goods issue, if delivery quantity differs from picking quantity, which is the case, posted quantity is that of delivery quantity.
Once billed document, flow for line item displays it as completed
Let’s see what happens when working with WM.
We can create a TO with different picking quantity and confirm this quantity when confirming TO. When doing PGI, differences between delivery quantity and picking quantity remain in storage location 916 and have to be removed.
What’s the business case?
I found different business case to use this setting in the system:
- Avoid issues when running PGI automated processes due to differences between quantities in delivery and picking (over delivery).
- Solve error VL 632 in WM. Rounding differences may happen if sales unit measure in master material is smaller than the base unit of measure: in delivery, the quantities in base unit of measure are calculated internally with 3 decimals (further details in OSS note 1621474).
- Overpass incompleteness procedure for delivery item if used field V50UC-OVPIK (picking qty > qty to be delivered) as a result of rounding differences (OSS note 707208).
In which cases could we have different quantities?
- I could happen due to manual mistakes when typing picked quantities in warehouse or when receiving picked quantities by IDOC, barcode scanning, a malfunctioning of an interface… as shown in examples in this document.
- if sales unit measure in master material is smaller than the base unit of measure: in delivery, the quantities in base unit of measure are calculated internally with 3 decimals leading to differences because of rounding.