I started to learn SAP HANA just now. While going through Open SAP Course I found certain deviation in XSJS debugging configuration.
Reasons for deviation:
- I was going through first SAP HANA tutorial material on Open SAP ( Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA, May-June 2013 )
- And I used SAP HANA Version SPS6, Rev 68 ( SAP HANA Studio and Client installed are developer edition Revision 68 )
I fixed the above deviation by referring to SAP HANA discussion forum. And then I thought it would be better to share my findings here at this forum. So that it helps other new learner like me.
- Changing SAP HANA system Configuration. Here we need to add debugger (section) to “xsengine.ini“.
- Please add “sap.hana.xs.debugger::Debugger” role . To do so execute below query from HANA System SQL console.
- CALL GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE(‘sap.hana.xs.debugger::Debugger’,‘<ROLE_NAME>’);
Complete Guide to XSJS Debugging:
I hope that this content is useful for new learners. And all experienced developer please let me know in case I need to add more points here. Or your thought on how to improve this content.