Another conference that you might be interested in, the International Symposium put on by the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center.
They are currently calling for papers for the conference that is scheduled for October 28-30 2014 at the Hilton Conference Center, College Station, Texas.
The topics that they are looking for are as follows:
- Offshore Exploration and Production – Deep Water and Arctic
- Pipelines – Natural Gas, Hydrocarbon Liquids and HazMat, Leak Prevention and Detection
- Abnormal Situation Management
- Case Studies – Histories, Lessons Learned, Databases
- Metrics for Safety Performance – Leading and Lagging Indicators, Industry vs. Organization
- Process Safety Career Development and Education
- Engineering for Resilience
- Inherently Safer Processes – New Processes, Existing Plants, Man – Machine Interface
- Human Factors – Engineering, Behavioral Safety, Human Error
- Management for Process Safety – PS Engineering, PSM components, PSM with limited resources, Innovative strategies for improvement
- Accident Investigation
- Safety Culture – Relationship to high consequence/low probability events
- Facility Siting – Personnel Siting
- LNG – Design, Experiment Evaluation, Consequence Analysis, Mitigation, Research needs, Regulations
- Control Systems – Unusual Situation Mgmt., Safety Instrumented Systems, Integrity Levels, Reliability analysis, Reliance on SIS, Alarm Mgmt.
- Risk Assessment, Analysis and Management
- Reactive Chemistry – Predicting Reactivity, Role of Contaminants, Catalysts and Inhibitors, Case Histories, Experimental Methods
- Equipment Integrity – Design for Maintenance, Maintenance Hazard Analysis, Monitoring
With abstract due no later that March 7 2014, there is still time to consider submitting an abstract for consideration for the conference.
If you are interested in presenting please use the following link http://psc.tamu.edu/symposia/2014-sym where further detail on abstract submissions can be found, along other information about the event.