SAP HCM integration with Successfactor using middleware SAP PI.
Steps to integrate successfactor with SAP PI in simple steps.
- Download components
- Install the ESR objects.
- Axis adapter configuration and Patch update.
- Installation of certificates.
- Creating channels
- Creating using model configuration
- proxy Configuration
- Successfactor settings
- Download the readymade objects from SAP service market place.
- When you click on individual objects you will see number of components. We need to install all the downloaded components based on the SAP PI version in ESR directly.
- Once the components are installed we need to get Axis jars deployed in the SAP PI system.
PFB the note for all the details regarding the issues.
SAP Note 1039369.
Download the below mentioned jars and follow the SAP note in order to deploy the jars.
To check if the jars are already deployed please hit the below mentioned link after making changes:
If you don’t get Status as ok it means there’s some issues with the deployment and redeploy the jars.
- Installation of certificates: Open the URL given by successfactor team in chrome and download the certifcates as mentioned below. There will be three certificates download all the three certificates and deploy as mentioned in below steps.
- Steps to Deploy these Security Certificates:-
- Go to NetWeaver Administrator.
- Go to the Configuration Management tab.
- Choose “Certificates and Keys.”
- Select “Trusted CAs”.
- Click the “Import Entry” button.
- In the “Select Entry Type” field, choose “X.509 Certificate”.
- In the “Enter path to certificate” field type in or navigate to the certificate file you downloaded from the Successfactors URL.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for the other two certificate files.
- Highlight Keystore/ WebServiceSecurity.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for each of the 3 certificate files.
- Rename Successfactors to *.Successfactors.com.
- Creating Configuration Objects.
- As shown in the below image from ESR we already have three Process Integration Scenarios.
- So even configuring the entire scenario hardly takes 30 to 45 mins.
a. Create two channels with SOAP(AXIS) adapter one for login and other channel for rest of the calls. Templates are available in the ESR objects and we can use to create the channel s. It contains the module parameters as well.
b. Go to ID and click on create new Configuration Scenario using Process Integration Scenario(radio button selected).
c. Map all the mapping objects and for login operation we will use login channel and for rest all receiver end we will use other channel.
d. Once the mapping object and channels are mapped click on apply and generate the objects.
- Proxy configuration on HCM system: BASIS consultant would do the Proxy configuration
- Successfactor settings to be done by Successfactor consultant.
I would like to thank my colleague Madhu and Ashok who helped me to implement this scenario. This might not be the perfect document but its an attempt from my end to help to implement integration. Any feedback will highly appreciated.
References and helpful blogs :
thanks Prabhat your blog was really helpful.