In an interview conducted at SAP Teched Bangalore, SAP executive board member Vishal Sikka talks – among other things – about the future of BW-on-HANA. He addresses a number of questions and concerns, like:
- Is there a future for BW-on-HANA? → Yes, for reasons like …
- Data has a lifecycle that needs to be managed from current to archiving, aka hot to cold.
- A frequent case is that data from multiple sources needs to be harmonized and physically brought together in one system like BW.
- A special case is when a BW is used for reporting on data of a single ERP instance alone. Here, things can be become easier albeit BW content (= analytic models) – and thus the [embedded into ERP] BW – is still relevant.
- There is and will be heavy investments into BW-on-HANA …
- … like the big data extensions for BW-on-HANA by incorporating technology from IQ.
Watch the 3 min of video footage yourself! It is also available here.