Appeon Mobile 2.0 For PowerBuilder / Android Development!
Round number 1 of Appeon Mobile 2.0 for Android testing has now been successfully completed and the next Beta version V2 is now available for testing today!
As always, Appeon welcomes and appreciates any feedback on their Beta releases. So don’t wait until the final minutes to miss out on this great opportunity to learn this leading edge technology!
New Feature Highlights
- The following J2EE servers are supported in Android Beta 2.0: EAServer, JBoss, JEUS,NetWeaver, WebLogic, WebSphere AS, and WebSphere CE.
- The general and mobile APIs are extended to support the Android OS and applications.
- Resize PBL provides resizing service to automatically adjust the UI layout to fit with the mobile screen with a few lines of scripts
- Mobile UI Resizing tool is extended to support Android devices
- Standalone mobile app package tool that allows users to package the Android application as a standalone APK file.
- Appeon Workspace customization and package tool allows users to customize the Appeon orkspace, and package Appeon Workspace as a standalone APK file
- Android applications can run as local application without needing network connection and can read/write the local SQLite and UltraLite database.
For more detailed instructions, you can go to the ‘Android Beta 2.0 Tutorials’ section in Appeon Support Center.
For new beta testers or those having any trouble logging into this system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a new beta tester account or to reset your account. Keep in mind that if you’ve previously participated in the Appeon Mobile 1.0 Beta Program, your credentials are still valid for logging into the system.
News & Updates
For any news and updates about the Appeon beta program, please stay tuned with Appeon via the Mobile Beta Center.
Regards … Chris