In a week, process chain should load the records only on specific weekdays ? How to schedule it?
Here in this example, the chain should run only on wednesday and thursday of a week?
Here there is no need of creating an ABAP program or a factory calender. A simple formula in the Process chain will suffice the above requirement.
By this we can minimize the dependency of ABAP. Also we are not going to create a factory calender which is specifically to this particular process chain.
If there is any other chain which needs to be schedule only on Friday and Saturday, again we need to go for creating a factory calender. So instead a simple formula and the Decision Process type will solve this type requirement.
Step by step Navigation:
1. Go to RSPC, click on Create. Give the technical name & Description of the process chain and click on Continue as highlighted below.
2 . Create a start variant for the process chain. Click on Create. Give the technical name & Description of the Start Variant and click on Continue.
3. Schedule the process chain for daily execution as shown below. Save the variant
5. Now drag & drop the Decision process type which is under General services as highlighted below.
6. After that click on Create
7. Give the technical name & description for the Decision Process type and Click on Continue.
8. The following Screen will appear. Click on Create under Formula column.
9. Here in this example the chain has to run on every Wednesday and Thursday of a week.
For this purpose, use the system variable ” SYST-FDAYW ”
To schedule for any weekday, you can refer :
Then Check the formula and click on Back button (F3).
10. Following screen will appear. Here we have to specify the event. Click on the search button under the Event column as shown below.
12. Finally the formula should look as below.
13. The Process chain is created. You can build the remaining as per your data flow.
This chain is a daily schedule. But it will run only on Wednesday and Thursday. Remaining days the chain will fail at the Decision Process type. It wont cause any issues.
** Feedback & Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.