Have you guys checked out the yahoo sports app on iPhone. From a SAP BI BW consultant view, I was really impressed that it incorporates a lot of elements of what we strive for in the enterprise:
- real time access to a large amount of information – all sports and all games happening now
- relevant summary information for the games that looks beautiful
- another click and you get more detail about the game then you would have asked for including stats for top players, team records and so on
But we expect that from most apps. Here is the added bonus:
- A Simple easy to use poll allows you to vote which team will win
- instant results of the poll displayed on a map. Nice move to capture the location when you vote
- of course a link to buy tickets
- the user interface design uses every inch of screen to present useful information and not just pretty graphics
- lets you generate a tweet with team hashtags pre populated for you
The combination of real time up to date information organized neatly in a small screen area combined with collecting user opinions from users who are interested in the game. SAP gives us all the tools to make apps like the Yahoo sports app a reality in the enterprise. With HANA as the database engine and the SAP Mobile Platform, similar apps can be built for enterprise users to complete business tasks efficiently and easily.
Please share your stories that can be useful as reference designs.