- Companies selling products in Brazil must send each invoice electronically to the government for validation before shipping their goods.
- Companies purchasing goods in Brazil must check the electronic invoice at the government before receiving the goods.
- Bottom line: The government wants to be sure they are getting all of their tax revenue.
- Companies need to handle these activities with an automated solution that can scale to high volumes of invoices and meet their business process requirements.
Architecture of SAP GRC NFE :
The SAP GRC NFE solution is usually installed on a separate SAP application server and utilizes SAP Net weaver PI to encrypt and send the data to the Brazilian SEFAZ agency.
- NFE Core application : Software Component SAPBO SLL NFE 10.0 for the core application of SAP Business Objects NFE. This includes three software units :
- SAP_ABA 7.02
- PI ESR Content SAPBO SLL-NFE 10.0 on SAP Net Weaver PI system.
- Adobe Document services (ADS) installation is optional for displaying preview of the forms to be printed.
Based on the system landscape we can connect one or several logistics system to NFE such as SAP ERP.
- Setup of system communication between SAP ERP – NFE – SAP PI:
RFC connections need to be setup in SM59 so that the three systems can communicate with each other for data communication.
- Business partners in SAP NFE :
Business partners that will be taking part in the electronic exchange of NFE need to be setup in the core application. Status code information is also stored in the core application.
- SLD Setup :
The SLD is mandatory for using SAP Nota Fiscal Electronica content in SAP Net Weaver PI. This is required to maintain details of the business systems/technical systems which will be involved in the process.
- ESR Import :
SAP Standard software component SLL-NFE 10.0 import is required in SAP Net weaver PI.
Note : The ESR content will be SAP standard so there is no need to develop integration objects in ESR.
- Integration Directory Configuration :
ID configuration is required to create configuration scenarios based on integration scenarios from ESR. We have to maintain the adapter configuration like SOAP/HTTP/XI which are required for end to end communication between SAP , Authorities and business partners.
- Digital Signature Service :
The authorities require that all request messages like authorization, cancellation, and skipping requests are digitally signed. A web service for signing the messages need to be deployed at a Net Weaver java server. This service can then be reached by SAP PI for signing the documents.
Process Explained(Sending NFE):
The Process explains the following steps :
- Creating electronic invoice billing document in SAP ECC.
- Sending digitally signed packaged NFE to authorities for their approval. These packages must be grouped as per format and size restrictions of the authorities. The communication will be setup using a web service call from SAP PI to authorities system.
- Sending a status request for the sent NFE’s to authorities after a certain time frame.
- Updating the status of billing document in ECC based upon the response received from Authorities.
- The status can be either authorized or denied. One can send only the authorized NEF’s to their business partners using agreed PI adapters such as FTP/HTTP/SOAP.
- In the similar manner we can receive authorized NFE’s from business partners in to SAP ERP system.
- The main processes are sending/receiving a new NFE, Cancellation of NFE, skipping of NFE and events for additional information.
By integrating to the relevant systems, SAP Nota Fiscal Electronica is a centralized data store for the message exchange, regarding the communication with the authorities, and other companies systems in the B2B scenarios. SAP NFE is the central platform for the legally required storage of the exchanged files.
Monitoring and Alerting:
SAP NFE Monitors :
Service status monitor
SAP PI Monitoring:
For error handling it is necessary to setup alerts in SAP PI for any communication failure alerts. Alert category NFE_ALRT_CAT has to be created using transaction ALRTCATDEF for achieving this.
SAP help :
Master Guide :