If you use one particular universe most of the time when creating new Web Intelligence reports you can set a default universe that will be pre-selected when you create a new WebI report. Here’s how.
1. Click on the Preferences link from the top of the BI Launchpad screen near your name.
2. Click on the Web Intelligence link on the left navigation pane and then from within the Select a default universe section click on the Browse button.
3. Next scroll through the list of universes (unfortunately they are not sorted) to which you have access and click the radio button next to universe you want to be your default universe. Then click the OK button. You will have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to see the OK and Cancel buttons.
It is very important to scroll all the way to the bottom and click OK after you have selected your default universe. If you click Save or Save & Close without clicking OK first your changes will not be saved. I know this is confusing. It took me about 10 minutes to figure what was going on when I first tried this. So beware!
Please note that if already you have a default universe you can choose a different default universe by following these instructions or remove the default universe by selecting “No default universe” at the very bottom.
4. Finally, click the Save & Close button in the lower right corner of the screen. You will receive the following message. Click the OK button.
5. You are done! The next WebI report you create will have your default universe pre-selected as seen below. If you are creating a report based on a universe other than your default universe simply choose the other universe. Click the Select button.
Despite the simplicity of this I hope you find this helpful.