As it is known that U000 schema is used for U.S payroll, below are the simple explanations of important sub-schemas and functions used in it.
Please note that these are few overview points.
UINO: Initialization of Payroll
- This schema manages status of PY control record.
- Comment out the function CHECK if u want to bypass the control record check during PY run.
- Function CHECK (ABR Parameter) checks the payroll control record status. During the testing stage, if this line
is commented, PY runs regardless of PY control record status.
- In Production this should never be done.
UBDO: Basic Data Processing:
After initial check of control record are carried out, this schema checks for existence of Basic Infotypes from EE master data
- Function WPBP manages any splits in IT0001, IT0007, IT0008, and IT0027
- Function P0002, P0006, P0207 & P0014 reads respective infotypes. If Residence tax information (IT0207) is
missing in EE master data, then schema will cause an error when executing this sub-schema.
Various EE Master and transaction data are processed in this schema.
- PCR UW14 is used to process data in IT0014 with function P0014
- Several tables are relevant for subschemas UBD0:
WPBP is created by function WPBP and is visible in payroll results.
IT (input table) contains wage types with their amounts, numbers, and rate information.
NAME is created from Infotype 0002.
ADR is created from Infotype 0006.
TAXR contains the residence tax authority and is created from Infotype 0207.
UT00: Gross Compensation & Time
- UT00 is one of most important sub-schemas as it deals with Time Mgt, Gross compensation & Rate calculations
- This sub-schema is also main part in integration between Time and PY, as it also reads Time Evaluation results (B2 time Clusters), alternatively if Time Evaluation is not used then IT0007 & IT0008 will govern the calculations.\
- Functions ZTIL is an important function, where Time Mgt and Payroll processes come together. This schema has
Key rules such as X010 & X012 for valuation of wage types
- Function ZLIT brings the hours from time management (either time evaluation or normal working
hours) together with the dollar rates from payroll. For example, if an employee needs to get paid
overtime at 1.5 times the normal rate, the schema needs to know the number of hours and the
employee’s hourly rate. ZLIT function brings the two together: hours and rate.
- Table ZL contains time w.t’s. Time w.t’s in this table contains hours but not amounts. ZLIT function uses hours from ZL table and Rates from IT to arrive at amounts
- Function PARTT performs partial month calculations (as if EE joins in mid-month) and PARX table is generated
- Function P2003 processes Substitutions infotype (IT2003)
- Function P2010 processes EE Remuneration Infotype (IT2010), IT2010 is used to either to load time data from external time systems or to manually enter time data in the absence of any time-clocking systems
- Function DAYPR checks time processing with or with-out clock times
- PCR X013 performs the valuation. For example, if a EE is salaried, u may need to calculate EE’s derived hourly
rate for partial month calculations. /001 & /002 are valuation w.t’s that are generated in this sub-schema
- PCR X020 collects w.t’s using ADDCU operation.
- Table C1 is generated when EE works across different cost centers in one PY period.
UMCO: Non-Authorized check
This sub-schema addresses Off-Cycle payroll.
- Function P0221 reads IT0221 which is Year-end adjustments and manual checks.
- PCR UNAM processes wage types of IT0221
- PCR X023, X024 & X025 are related to Gross calculations. PRCL 20, 41 & 04 are used in w.t’s of these rules
- PCR’s with PRCL66 are related to w.t’s that are related to Goals / Deductions
- PCR UD11 & PCR UD21 are related to Retro Calculations
UTXO: Tax Processing
- Function UPAR1 with parameter BSI controls BSI version.
- BSI tax factory is that is integrated with US PY and takes care of Federal, State & Local tax calculations
- BSI handles tax policies, tax rates and any annual tax changes
- BSI sends Tax Update Bulletins (TUBS) to their customers on a regular basis
- Function USTAX passes control to BSI and brings back tax w.t’s from BSI. Tax w.t’s (/401, /402, /403 etc.,) are
generated in BSI and are sent to PY schema when processing this function
- PCR UPTX separates tax amounts for each of tax authorities. IT207 & IT208 have multiple tax authorities and
levels (Federal, State & Local)
UAP0: Process Additional Payments / Deductions
- This sub-schema has another sub-schema UBE1 nested with it, which processes U.S benefits for health & Insurance plans.
- Function P0014 & P0015 processes IT0014 & IT0015 using PCR U011 & PCRU015 respectively.
- Function P0267 handles Off-cycle / Bonus payment with PCR U012
- Function COPY UBE1 copies sub-schema UBE1 for Benefits processing.
- Function P0167 & P0168 processes IT0167 (Health Plans) & IT0168 (Insurance Plans) respectively.
- PCR ZRU1 is a custom rule created for this schema
- Related Tables: IT & V0 split tables
UALO: Proration & Cumulation
- This schema processes w.t cumulations as controlled by PRCL20
- Function GEN/8 & PCR XPPF are used to generate /801 & /802 respectively. If a w.t needs to be prorated then this function and rule should be used.
- PCR X023 uses PRCL20 and w.t’s in Result Tables of PY
- IT (Input tables) are most relevant for UAL0
UDD0: Process Deductions & Benefits
- UDD0 sub-schema plays an important role in Retroactive accounting
- This sub-schema also handles intermediate w.t’s during retro calculations as PY schema runs multiple times depending on retro periods
- For Example, If during PY period 17, retro demands adjustment of PY Period 15, schema runs for periods 17, 16 & 15. In this situation sub-schema UDD0 handles intermediate flow of w.t’s. It has 2 nested sub-schemas UBE2 (for Benefits) & UDP0 (Deduction goals and totals)
- UBE2 handles Savings, Flexible spending and Miscellaneous plan related deductions
- Function P0170 processes flexible spending account plans
- Function P0169 processes Savings plans (401(k))
- Function P0477 processes Miscellaneous plan deductions
- Function COPY UDP0 manages a sub-schema to process IT0014 & IT0015 with Goal amount w.t’s
- Function LIMIT checks if the amount in certain w.t’s exceed a limit
- Function PRDNT works with DDNTK table. Like arrears processing DDNTK table has deeper impact in retro calc’s
- PCR UD11 & PCR UD21 are related to retro calculations.
- PCR X024 & PCR X025 manages Cumulation w.t’s using PRCL40 & PRCL04 respectively
- Related tables: IT, ARRRS (arrears), DDNTK
UGRN: Garnishment Calculation
Tables generated in this schema are different from those tables generated in other schemas
- Function IF with parameter GREX checks for active Garnishments.
- Active Garnishments have their status setup via IT0194
- Inactive & Released status Garnishments are not processed in Schema
- Function UGARN performs calculations of Garnishments
- PCR UGRT with PRCL59 processes all earnings that have garnishability. Function PRT reads PCR UGRT (just as PIT)
- PCR UGDN calculates disposable net income
- Several tables relevant for UGRN are:
- GRDOC contains Garnishment documents
- GRREC contains Garnishment records
- GRORD contains Garnishment Orders
- IT tables are generated like with all other sub-schemas
UNA0: Calculate Net Pay
- If you need to write rules before final result tables are written, this is the subschema to use.
- You will mostly be concerned with the IT and RT tables in this subschema, which by now have completed the logic and calculation portions of the schema.
UNN0: Net Processing Bank Transfer
- This schema used infotypes to create Bank transfers or check payment tables
- Function P011 is used if IT0011 (External Bank transfer) is used
- Function P0009 processes IT0009
- Function P9ZNC is used for EE’s who has to receive cheques with Zero amount
- Related Tables: BT & RT
UEND: Final Processing
Schema UEND serves a single, very important purpose:
- presenting you with the payroll results table that will be available in the payroll clusters.
- These tables will be used for all subsequent processing, such as finance posting, accounts payable posting, checks processing, tax processing, and payroll reporting in general.
- These tables contain an individual employee’s payroll results for each pay period.
- When running the schema using the log option, this is where you drill down to check the results with the
- CRT which contains MTD and YTD (month-to-date and year-to-date) accumulations