I believe this year will be the year of smart watches and next year the year of smart glasses.
Hopefully Apple will release the iWatch soon and Google Glass will go public.
Pebble is already a great start, but there is more to come.
In my opinion, the Smart Watch has the following advantages:
- faster access (arm movement versus pocket, start & login)
- silent notifications (smartphone vibration is not silent)
- connected to human body (no need to hold it or store it)
When I tried the Google Glass, i have seen the following advantages over smartphones:
- handfree data capture (photo capture in a blink, voice data capture)
- handfree reading of notifications (news, emails, data for actions)
- reading while walking or looking straight (on the way to meetings, agendas, notes etc. )
What are your opinions about smart watches and smart glasses?
I’d be interested what the SAP SMP Point of View is in wearable technology applications and who are contact persons.
Are there concepts for Wearable Device Managment or Wearable App Management?