I was reading last interesting topics on SNC topics and I found one really interesting to SAP Solution Manager, I just found a SNC Index that was created by Jason Lax a time ago, that is a SCN Site Index http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19361 when I found for Solution Manager place, I see that there is a new one more about solman on status “archived”:
That make me to remember an old request from Wences to split Solution Manager forums in different topics: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3355102
Now Solution Manager is part of a IT-Management that contains ( # of Followers ) and the next hierarchy of places:
-> IT-Management ( 109 )
-> Virtualization and Cloud Infras… (124)
-> Virtualization on Windows (68)
-> Application Lifecycle Manag.. (174)
-> Software logistics ( 128 )
-> SAP Solution Manager ( 908 )
-> SAP Solution Manager for VAR Partners ( 33 ) [ That one is read only ]
One important thinks of my daily work is related on the setup and maintenance of Solution Manager on VAR scenario to allow SAP customer’s to request SAP service with the help of Solution Manager like support send Support Message to SAP( not notes…http://bit.ly/KTjROm ), access to ewa report for each productive systems and access to Maintenance Optimizer to download software and create XML stacks. Related to VAR scenario there is a special setup to use a Solution Manager as a PCOE ( Partnner Center of Expertise ) and use different tools allowed to Run SAP Partners; for that I access to SCN as a daily routine to see If there is any important new related to Solution Manager. If you read the last discussions on Solution Manager SCN forum you can see that on title or trough tags, you are not able to filter content inside the forum to see only information related to VAR/PCOE/RunSAP topics. You can setup Solution Manager in a different ways to meet different goals.
- and more like ISV, or software partners that i don’t know in detail….
As my own opinion, an some colleagues/partners, Solution Manager forums need a split, don’t know if it can be done as Wences suggest split it by solution manager functionality or another way but It will help consultants and basis people to find correct content or follow updates only from a single topic.
- What do you think to split Solution Manager forums ?
- Need “SAP Solution Manager for VAR partners” been restored to edit mode ?
- What is the best Split Option for Solution Manager Forums ?
My own answers:
- It could be really interesting and useful.
- Yes, there are a lot of VAR topics that can be collected inside that forum.
- The group of solution manager scenarios change on every new solman document that SAP release 😛 , one of my favorites is which one you can see on page 4 of that overview https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000741018&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&, ITSM, IT Porfolio & Project Management, Monitoring (BPMON & Tech) and ALM. And you can add a new one group to VAR specific scenario and another for methodologys (runsap, asap, itil, …). That will split Solution Manager forum on 6 places:
- IT Porfolio & Project Management,
- Monitoring (BPO & Tech),
I am not able to create a Poll, but maybe some scn moderator can do it.