We, the SAP GUI team, would like to find out your opinion concerning the new Local Tab Order feature in SAP GUI:
- For those who know the feature already, please, have a look at the corresponding poll.
- For those who do not know the feature yet, but are interested to try it out, here a short introduction:
SAP screens often contain a variety of fields and other screen elements that are not necessary to fulfill a specific task. To make life easier for you, you can change the TAB sequence on SAP screens so that you do not have to ‘tab’ your way through the whole screen. The new TAB order functionality allows you to jump from one screen element to the next, thus creating a tab chain containing only fields of interest.
To use Local Tab Chain proceed as follows:
On either a dynpro field, a radio button or a checkbox, use CTRL+RIGHT CLICK to invoke the extended context menu.
In the extended menu, you find the following options:
- Via “LOCAL TAB ORDER: From Field” you define a start field for a local tab order “jump”. After that select “LOCAL TAB ORDER: To Field” to define an end field for a local tab order “jump”.
- Via “LOCAL TAB ORDER: Entry Point” and “LOCAL TAB ORDER: Exit Point” you can define entry and exit points for the dynpro area.
- Using “Configure Local Tab Chain”, you can invoke a configuration dialog that shows your tab order definitions.
- To visualize the complete tab chain on the screen (a mix of the original tab chain and your local changes) use “Visualize Local Tab Chain”.
After trying this out, please, let us know more about your opinion in the corresponding poll.