Always been wondering that so many enhancement packages getting’s released and we have questions like – what/ which Enhancement packages to choose or when to choose or do we required to upgrade our system to new enhancement packages.
May below points would be useful to address:
Why Enhancement Packages?
To deploy and provide the functionalities, software’s, enhancements for the customers within the Business Suite solutions, so that from the maintenance and cost aspects can be taken into the considerations by the customers.
Best practices recommended by SAP:
- You can be selective in choosing the required parts within the Enhancement packages itself based on customer requirements or functionalities.
- From the maintenance aspects it is easily deployable with the SP stacks as a part of enhancement upgrade.
- Since most of the functionalities are delivered in the form of Business Switches, so customers got the option of choosing and activating the only required functionalities as a part of their business requirements.
- Flexibility for the customer to activate the other functionalities later depending on their functional requirements.
- Flexibility for the customer – When to implement, when to activate new functionalities as and when required.
How can customer evaluate the Enhancement Package?
- Customer can implement it in the SANDBOX – Evaluate, Explore what is required and what functionalities are available within the Enhancement Packages.
So finally now questions come – Is there any tool that is available for customer to estimate the cost and effort/ Impact –forecast analysis of the enhancement package project?
Answer is YES, there is a new application released by SAP.
SOLUTION MANAGER – EHP SCOPE & EFFORT ANALYSER.