Points to Remember while Installing SAP B1 9.0
I have seen a lot of threads regarding installation problem or some other configurations setups.
I don’t know whether it will be useful for all of you or not, but I am sharing some points that should keep in mind while installing SAP B1 9.0 :
The Sequence that should be followed while installing is as follows that I understood as per my knowledge or I read from some threads or installation guides:
A. SAP B1 Server & Server Tools
B. SAP B1 Client
C. SAP B1 Integration Component
Now during installation following are the points that should keep in mind:
- Installing SAP B1 Server & Server Tools:
- If your installation process asks you for SQL Server in any step, you should not enter the IP Address, instead it use Server Name and the Instance Name.
- If you need to enter your SQL Server Credentials somewhere, do it using SQL Server Authentication instead of using Windows or Network Credentials.
- If you have any firewall software enabled on the server then it is recommended to disable it.
- Ensure that the Browser Service for SQL Server is active and set to automatic. If it is not so not then adjust the settings of the SQL services, restart the server and re-install the SAP Business One again.
2. Installing SAP B1 Client:
- As it is well known to all that SAP B1 9.0 Client is released with both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions. So it is recommended that each version should be installed seperately. Interesting fact is that you can install and run both versions on the same machine.
- When you running SAP Business One, you can use only SAP Business One add-ons that are valid for the version of the application you are running. If you are using the 32-bit version of the SAP Business One client, you can install and run only 32-bit add-ons. If you are using the 64-bit version of the SAP Business One client, you can install and run only 64-bit add-ons.
- If you install SAP Business One Client with 32-bit, the DIAPI with 32-bit is also get installed.
- One some workstations you might decide to install the 64-bit SAP Business One Client Application, on other workstations the 32-bit SAP Business One Client Application. On the server, you might decide to install both, the 32-bit SAP Business One Client Application and 64-bit SAP Business One Client Application.
- While referring to 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the SAP Business One Client Application, the 32-bit and 64-bit is only indirectly related to the Operating System on which the Clients are installed. On 64-bit Operating Systems both Client Applications can be installed.
Hope it is helpful. Need your valuable comments on this. And please make a note to me or update it if I am missing something or making any incorrect comments. The rest of the document will be updated soon once I get something interesting to need to be remembered.
Thanks & Regards