In process inspection in Production at regular intervals
During production, it may be necessary to carry out a several individual inspections at different intervals. Inspections carried during a production operation at regular intervals like below….
- Time-based intervals (for example, for every hour )
- Quantity-based intervals (for example, after producing certain qty like 25 Pieces )
- Freely-defined intervals (for example, each time a tool change occurs)
The above scenario can be mapped in the SAP system using functionality called In process inspection in Production with inspection points..this is basically integration between PP & QM modules…
- Activation of Inspection Type 03 in the material master of the Material (mm02)
- Settings in the Routing Header – CA02
- Assigning the MIC’s in the operation for which inspection to be done in Routing – CA02
- Settings in the Operation Details – CA02
- Creation of Production Order – CO01
- Release of Production Order and automatic Inspection Lot Creation -CO02
- Results Recording of the inspection points for the Inspection Lot –
- Usage Decision of the inspection Lot
Detailed flow with screen shots…
Activation of Inspection Type 03 in quality management view in the material master of the Material – (mm02)
In the routing header for the material make the following settings as shown below – CA02
assign the inspection points 150 as shown below…
in the particular operation make the settings as shown below for carrying out inspection after production of every 50 units as shown below…..
Now create the production order for the material – CO01
Save the order
Now release the Production order and check for the creation of inspection lot in the Assignment tab as shown below..
Now save the Production Order
Go to Transaction QE51N and enter the inspection lot
Now execute… You will be able to see four inspection points on the left side for the same inspection lot.
Production order qty is 200 and qty interval is 50 so 200/50=4. four inspection points generated…
Now you will be able to do results recording for for four different inspection points of the same inspection lot.
Carry out results recording for every inspection point after production of 50 units…as shown below…..
Now carry out usage decision for the inspection lot and there will not be any stock posting as inspection type 03 is not stock relevant…
If you want carry out inspection at time based intervals like after every 30 min make the settings in the operation details as shown below in addition to the remaining settings… accordingly no of inspection points will be generated based on the operation duration….
if you want to do inspection at freely defined intervals then make the below settings in the routing header and operation details…..then system will generate inspection points when ever you go to QE52…