Hi All 🙂
Welcome to my blog 🙂
I would like to thank Mr. Chandra for giving me the opportunity to provide some information about myself to the community.
My name was Ramakrishna J G 🙂 but now ‘Ramakrishnappa Gangappa ( I will share a short story about my name change 🙂 ).
My friends call me as Ram, Rama, RK, JG
I was born in a village near Kolar ( about 60Kms from Bangalore) in Karnataka state( India ) and I have completed Bachelor of Engineering ( B.E. ) at DSCE Bengaluru in 2007. Currently, I am working with MSG at Singapore.
Well, fortunately placed in a company ( from Campus ) which offerred me an opportunity to work in SAP field ( 🙂 ).
Today,I am enjoying my work in SAP, as it opens up new challenges at various clients and gives me an opportunity to explore new things.
A wonderful quote which motivates me in every moment :
“Knowledge is not just linking words to impress fools, but it is the one which inspires a sinking soul” – by Swami Vivekananda
Okay, now let me tell a short story, which was a reason for change in my name
When I was pursuing Class 10, there was a teacher( with Specs), who removed – ‘J.G’ and wrote my name as ‘Ramakrishnappa Gangappa’ while registering into SSLC Board.
Now, I could remember an SAP ABAP statement ( As a SAP technical consultant ) :
REPLACE ALL OCCURANCE OF ‘Ramakrishna J.G.’
IN teacher_register WITH ‘Ramakrishnappa Gangappa’.
COMMIT WORK. 🙂 ( No further changes allowed 🙁 )
About My College
I did my engineering in Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru ( a very famous college).
Its having a very beautiful campus situated on top of Shavige Malleswara hills and a very good atmosphere
About my home state – Karnataka
Name: The word “Karnataka” is derived from the Kannada words “Karu” and “Nadu” which means “Elevated Land”.
The official language of Karnataka is “Kannada” ( One of the classical languages )
Kannada is unique in a few respects.
- The first encyclopedia was written in Kannada. This was later translated to Sanskrit under name Shivatatvaratnakara.
- Kannada is the third oldest language of India. (After Sanskrit & Tamil)
- Kannada is as old as 2000 years.
- Kannada is 99.99% perfect – logically and scientifically.
- Kannada writers got 8 Gnana Peetha Awards – Second highest among all languages ( after Hindi – 9 ) .
- Kannada is phonetic – you write as you speak
- When ” Kaviraja Maarga ” was written by Amogha varsha nripathumga, English was in cradle & Hindi was not born at all.
- Kannada is the one of the first indian languages for which a foreigner(Rev. Ferdinand Kittel) wrote a dictionary ( Shabda Kosha) in the year 1894.
- The first record on Kannada language was traced to Ashoka’s Brahmagiri edict dated 230 BC.
- Kannada words were found in Greek comedies of first and second century AD.
There are many beautiful places to visit:
Vidhana Saudha – Bengaluru
Mysore Dasara Celebrations:
Foods in Karnataka ( There are many mouth watering dishes 😕 like Davanagere benne dosa, Payasa, Holige, Ragi Ball…. so many )
Okay, there is lot to know about Karnataka 🙂
Now, its time to answer few questions of Mr. Chandra
The dream job when I was kid:
Doctor ( Now I need to do Ph.D to become Dr. Rama 😆 )
If given a chance to show your creativity, in which specific field would you make an attempt?
I would like to choose the Direction of Movies ( The place where we can show our creativity )
What 2 things do you like the least about working in IT?
Coming office during Weekends & Staying over night at work place ( No overtime pay is accounted 🙁 )
I would like to blog forward to
Here are my questions
1. How would you spend the free time in office?
2. Are you satisfied with what you are doing ? Reasons ?( Wanted to do something, but doing something else 🙂 )
Thanks a lot for sparing few minutes in reading my blog.
I would look forward for your valuable comments & feedback 🙂