The Universal Work list (UWL) provides Portal users unified and centralized way to (single point of) access their work and the relevant information in the SAP Enterprise Portal. It collects tasks and notifications from multiple provider (ECC, SRM, CRM etc…) systems in one list for single access. We can call it as portal inbox for all work items. Configuration of UWL in portal is easy task but issues encounter during implementation and support phase is tough always. I always had good experience in each project and issues are unique in nature. I would like to share my recent experience to my peer group in SAP Community so that it would be helpful for their next implementations. This blog is not a guide on UWL configuration but it contains the knowledge I gained while trouble shooting the issue.
I know lot of information available on SCN portal forums and SAP help for UWL configuration .However issue resolution approach and similar issue I did not find any where in SAP community web sites. So I cannot stop myself to write this blog and hope it will be helpful to my fellow consultants.
EHSM team reported one issue, when user click on work item in portal UWL he / she should get text box to write comment in it before taking any action. It is working fine in Portal box and Portal DEV but not in Portal QAS, PRD
1) User not getting “User decision text box in Portal UWL.
2) When User selects work item in UWL then he is expecting “User decision text box” before taking any action. Following screen shot captured from development portal
3) To analyze issue I asked my workflow consultant to verify SWFVISU transaction in ECC system .There you can find list of task and it holds key information in task visualization. For example Task Number, visualization type, application, dynamic parameters, namespace, system alias etc…Every time any change in backend it should reflect in portal UWL. My workflow consultant verified and confirmed that it was same as ECC Dev which is working fine in portal Dev.
4) Then I started my analysis in portal side, First verified system object and alias then reregistered system object. Downloaded xml file from “Click to Manage Item Types and View Definitions”
5) Verified my xml code with my task number and manually added user decision code in xml file
<Property name=”UserDecisionNote” Value=”mandatory”/>
<Property name=”decisionKey” value=”1″/>
6) After uploading xml file into portal still issue is not resolved.
7) I checked portal server version in both development and quality then realized that there is version mismatch between dev and quality server. Referred note “1564566 – User decision note not visible”. Note says “If the value of the decisionKey property in the Actions section in UWL configuration XML starts with leading zeroes then the UserDecisionNote property in the XML configuration is disregarded”.Note also says portal upgrade is required from SP6 to SP9
8) While updating patch on portal server we caught with error and not allowed to proceed further. The UWLJWF component will fail on upgrade when this table contains data. You remove the data before upgrading from Table KMC_WF_SUBSTITUTE. Also take back up and deleted existing data. After the upgrade is finished, re-import the data into the respective tables from backup table which you have taken earlier.
9) After successful UWL patching our issues is resolved.
10) The conclusion is, we need to check the version difference across the systems. If there is any difference in support pack then we need to bring it to same level. However the above said issue resolved by upgrading UWL patch alone.