In SAP SRM process controlled workflows, SAP is not supporting the decision type 4 for Purchase Orders. But when tried to configure decision type 4 through transaction /SAPSRM/WF_PROCESS for Purchase Order (PO), the system throws warnings. Despite of warnings proceed further. It works perfectly. But for some scenarios, User Interface (UI) behaves differently (i.e. disabled items become enabled to allow the approver to provide decision when switching between the tabs). This is caused because; in SRM 7.0 Decision Type 4 handling is not implemented at the UI level.
In order to enable decision type 4 at UI level, a WebDynpro component needs to be enhanced to support the decision type 4 for PO.
The configuration and development steps involved are listed below.
- Create Process Schema Evaluation ID, and this should trigger the workflow based on the business logic
- Create process levels for approvals with decision types mentioned (i.e. decision type 4). These process levels will trigger approval process based on the result of the evaluation ids specified on each process level.
Note: Steps 1 & 2 uses BRF events, and expressions to validate the data according to business
3. Implement the required BAdI implementations /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER.
4. Create a post exist for method WDDOMODIFYVIEW of WebDynpro Component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_PO_DOTC_IT’s View V_PO_DOTC_BASIC
5. Store the value of ITEM_APPROVAL_STATUS in a custom table (which contains fields like name and value) for the first time with specific unique name. Next time onwards read this table with specified key and the value and set attribute value for ITEM_APPROVAL_STATUS.
6. In Component controller’s WDDOEXIT method, clear all the values set in method WDDOMODIFYVIEW’s post exit.
Result: With custom enhancement on WebDynpro, decision type 4 can be achieved.