This document explains how to improve performance of an WDA, by writing code in Assistance Class.
we generally write Web Dynpro logic in the methods of the controllers and ABAP logic in the methods of the assistance class to reduce the load and improve performance of an application.
Recommended by SAP:
SAP recommends to write web dynpro logic in methods of the assistance class and ABAP logic in global class, because of this controllers are load free applications and performance of the applications would be good.
Example : Developing a web dynpro component, to display list of materials.
1. Create a Web Dynpro Component (YSG_DISPLAY_MATERIALS) with a view and a window.
2. Create a node in the view controller context and design the layout with a table
3. Create an assistance class and a method Read Materials
4. Declare an attribute GO_CONTEXT in the attributes tab of the assistance class
5. Create a global class YSG_MATERIALS and method READ_MATERIALS.
6. Implement business logic in the method READ_MATERIALS of the class
7. Implement logic in the method READ_MATERIALS
8. Implement the logic in the WDDOINIT of the view controller
Thanks & Regards,