How To manage the packet size value within BW Load stage and settings in Infopackage
As we come across huge data in SAP BI where we find we need to load data from Info package .we find it number of times that the loading of data to the target is time consuming and the process is slow. This can be resolved and we can save considerable amount of time. In the example taken below we have taken 4 Info package, you can take depending upon the records you have. Here I will illustrate it with example, where we have used Process chain in which 4 Info package and how data is been taken till PSA.
1) In this Process Chain we have taken 4 Infopackage and for each Infopackage update from PSA process .
2) Let us take example of the first IP. Right click on first IP , select display variant as shown in the figure.
3) This takes you to this screen as shown below. Select the Data selection tab. Provide the range i.e. From and To value. Maybe you can distribute the Records Cost center, Elements wise, year wise depending on the way your data can be distributed.
Data Selection Tab
4) Processing Tab.
5) Next Data Targets Tab . Providing the name of the target.
6) Update tab
7) Schedule Tab. Where Process chains containing this Infopacakge has the following setting as shown in the figure.
8) Now we have to set the data size setting on this IP. So go to menu and select “DataS. Default Data Transfer” as shown in the screen below.
9) You get the following screen. Here we have set the data packet max size to 20000 and save it.
10) This procedure of setting is done for the other 3 Infopackage in this example.
12)Then we get the following screen. Here we set the number of process to 9 and the back ground is set the server group ,after the setting are made Save it. As shown in the screen below.
13) This setting we have to do to all the 3 PSA update which are linked to the IP
We find that considerable amount is been saved when we use this method.