Creating IDT Data Foundation on HANA Connection
In previous blog you learned how Create IDT Connection to SAP HANA SP07 You may also need to refer to the other blog link to get the whole story about installing, and configuring SAP HANA sp07 for BI4.
in this Blog we will continue to the next step and create a Data Foundation on top of the SAP HANA IDT Connection.
Exporting the Connection to the Repository
before going ahead and creating the data foundation, one step is missing from the last procedure creating the connection, is to export this connection to the Enterprise and make it secure connection,
1.just right click the connection name.
2. and select “Publish Connection to a Repository”
3. you will be asked to connect to your enterprise repository
4. Select where you want to put the connection into your enterprise folders.
5. Finally you will be asked if you want to have a shortcut in the same folder a secured connection, Click Yes.
Creating the Data Foundation
1. Right Click the Project, select New-> Data Foundation
2. You will be asked to put the Data Foundation Name
3. you will be asked to select if its a single source DF, or multi-Source. depends on the Data foundation you creating, now we select Single Source
4. Now its the time to select the Connection which you will use for this Data Foundation, you have to select the secured connection
5. Once you chose the connection, Click Finish. and the DF created.
6. into the Connection you will see all the schemas available into your HANA system, which your user has access for.
expand the Schema to see the tables available, you can start dragging the tables you want to put in your data foundation, and make the joins required between tables if any.
in that example i dragged only one single table, so next session we will continue creating the universe on top of that DF
Dont forget to save the Data Foundation.