LIS (Logistic Information Systems) for Purchasing:
Information Systems are tools for analyzing and gathering specific data in different areas like purchasing, inventory etc.
Concept of Info Structure:
The info tables will start with S, followed by 3 digit integer. Example for standard info structures are S012, S013, S031, S032, S033 etc. The same can be used for ZReports also. Apart from standard info structures, user can define user defined info structures too. The user defined info structures should start with S followed by a three digit number. From S000 to S500 are reserved for standard.
In case of user defined info structures, once the info structure is created with required updating, it will be updated along with standard tables during every relevant transaction. The same info tables can be used for other reporting purposes like zReports etc.
Analysis of Standard Info Structures:
Transaction: MCDG (Path: SAP Easy Access – Information Systems – Logistics – Purchasing – Tools – Flexible analysis – Evaluations – MCDG (Execute)
Enter the standard evaluation structure and evaluation method.
System will propose the standard characteristics.
Apart from standard info structure, we can define user defined info structure based on business requirement. For example, we can define an LIS table to update full purchasing cycle – from PO to Invoice.
Creation of user defined Info Structure:
Step1: Create Field Catalog – Characteristic catalog.
A field catalog defines a group of relevant fields from the application. You can thus use a mixture of fields from any document hierarchies.
Here, you can define the key fields required in the table.
Transaction Code: MC18
- Enter name for field catalog.
- Select Application from F4 List.
Application 02 for purchasing.
Click on “Characteristics”:
Now, select the required field and click on “Copy”, or double click on the field.
The selected Items will be visible with tick mark:
The fields can be selected from multiple tables.
Once all the fields required are selected, click on “Copy+Close
Now, click on “ Copy”
Save the characteristics field catalog.
Step 2: Create Key Figures.
Key figures are values with particular relevance to business. These will be output of the report / analysis.
Eg: Invoiced amount, net order value, number of deliveries
Transaction Code: MC18
Enter the field catalog name, description and select the application.
Click on “Key Figures”
Select the required fields as explained in the previous step and click on “Copy+close”
Save the key figures.
Step 3: Create Info Structure
The area in which data is collected in the Logistics Information System.
An information structure defines a group of fields and is used for collecting and reducing data from an operative application such as sales or purchasing. It forms the basis for analyses and evaluation and includes:
- A period unit, giving the structure a time reference
- Characteristics, information with reference to which other information is cumulated (In short, it is the selection screen – Selection Parameters)
- Key figures, information that is accumulated with reference to characteristics (This is the output fields)
Transaction Code: MC21
- Enter info structure name – A four digit key between S501 and S999 (up to S500, is reserved for standard)
- Info Structure description.
- Application – Press F4 and select the Application. 02 stand for purchasing. The Applications available are listed below:
- Select the info-structure type. The following are the examples:
– Standard type ( ‘ ‘)
– Rebate Processing (B)
– Type ‘Transfer to SAP BW’ (T)
Please Note that the info structure type cant be changed once its created.
- Planning Possible Indicator: Indicator that determines if an information structure is relevant in flexible planning. If an information structure is created with this indicator, it can be supplied with planning data (standard).
It is not possible to change the planning characteristic after creating the information structure.
Enter the details and press ENTER.
- Click on characteristics. Here, you can select the fields to be displayed in the selection screen of the report.
Double click on the characteristics field catalog created in the first step.
Double click on the fields to be selected to the selection screen. The fields can be selected from any field catalog.
You can select maximum of 9 field characteristics.
Once required fields are selected, click on “Copy + Close”
Now, click on “Copy”
Please follow the part 2 document: How to Create an LIS info structure – Purchasing – Part 2