This document is to explain on how to apply currency translation in run time.
The below is the analytic view am using for which the currency translation has to be enabled:
We would require ‘LOV’ to come up so that user can choose the currency he requires. To do this we need to define an input parameter of “Currency” type as shown below:
Now we need to create a calculated column called “Cost” to enable currency translation as shown below:
We have to define a calculated column of type “Measure” and Goto Advance tab:
- Select type = ‘Amount with currency’
- Target Currency = Give the input parameter name / static value which will hold the dynamic input from the user to which the currency has to be converted
- Exchange type = Give the input parameter name / static value
- Conversion date = Give the input parameter name / static value
- Schema for currency conversion = Give the name of the schema which holds currency related tables like TCURR*
- Client for currency conversion = Give the client number based on which the conversion needs to take place
Connecting to Analysis Office:
Output in AO:
Thus we are able to achieve the intended result.
Hoping this document has helped you in understanding “Currency Conversion” in SAP HANA using SAP BO Analysis Office
Please let me know your feedback on this.