How to do ST01 Trace
This Article mainly defines on how to do tracing in R/3 system to check the authorizations. the main Intention behind this document is to give a basic knowledge on how to do Tracing.
1) Normally we use the Tracing for checking the authorizations,RFC calls,HTTP calls etc, so for checking go to transaction ST01 and set the flag for ‘Authorization check’ first.
2) Now press the ‘Trace on’ button to start tracing & also for executing a more detailed authorization check you can also maintain some filter criteria by using button ‘General Filter’. this will be useful for tracing the users,Transactions or any ABAP programs.
3) Now you can define a special user name or some other data which restricts the amount of data which is logged in the trace result.
4) Now execute exactly the same steps which lead to the mentioned authorization warning message. Afterwards please return to transaction ST01 and press the ‘Trace off’ button. Then press the ‘Analysis’ button.
5) Now the below screen appears after u click on Analysis, here we can choose the type of records
6) Now a list with all checked authorization objects will appear and the one which is responsible for the warning message will be displayed in red color.
Hope this document will be helpful, Kindly Let me know ur valuable inputs if anything I missed or need to be improvised.