It’s that time again!! We are almost ready with SAP Sourcing/SAP CLM Release 10.0 !!! SAP is looking at you, existing SAP Sourcing or SAP CLM customers, to help gauge the demand and timing of SAP Sourcing / SAP CLM 10.0. Based on your feedback, SAP will set the Ramp-Up start date accordingly.
But first, let’s address the basic question.
What does SAP Sourcing Ramp-Up give you? It provides:
- ·Accelerated head start on achieving business value with new leading-edge solutions
o Getting the software up to 6 months before general availability
o Support for installation and configuration
- Benefits from intensive monitoring and support by the back office of the SAP Ramp-Up organization
o Direct channel into SAP Development Organization (via the Ramp-Up Back Office)
o Prioritized and expedited solution of your questions and error messages
- A smooth implementation and reduced project risk
o Coaching and support for scoping and project execution
- An opportunity to give feedback and thereby influence right where the decisions for tomorrow’s solutions are made
- Early Training for your Key-Users and consultants
- Access for 10 users in your company to e-learning at no additional cost
- Project Staffing with trained consultants
- Certified Ramp-Up Coach from SAP Consulting
- Board attention on your project (regular reporting)
- Provides software which was already rigorously tested
The organization and roles during ramp-up are summarized below:
What about you, our customer? What is your commitment?
- Assist in Project Scoping during enrollment
- Commitment to:
o Install the new software within 2-3 weeks of receipt
o Go Live
o Apply support packages as soon as available
- Projects must have direct involvement of SAP Consulting (Ramp-Up Coach)
- Implementation of current default release of SAP Solution Manager
- Regular feedback provision (via project manager to regional Ramp-Up owners)
- Partner consultants must be trained on the new solution through Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer
- Act as a reference before and after going live
In addition to the above benefits of a ramp-up program, what about the release itself? What is in release 10.0 that would compel you to upgrade from releases 5.1, 7.0, or 9.0? Here is a summary of the key Enhancements by release:
*Denotes features will be available in certain Service Packs in Release 7/9
Please also look for a blog from me that will provide more details of the SAP Sourcing / SAP CLM 10.0 enhancements.
If you are interested in becoming an SAP Sourcing / SAP CLM 10.0 Ramp-Up customer, or would like more information, please contact Kevin Mulligan at email@example.com, or please feel freeto send me an email.