Master Data integration is a pre-requisite to successful business process integration. This document is intended to provide you with a simplified view of the steps required to implement this integration.
Adequate preparation for integrating SAP ERP Master Data with the SAP Sourcing/CLM application will help you get a jump start on a successful integration of these two major SAP applications.
The following checklist should help you prepare for and then be successful with this important integration activity. Please note that the following Configuration Guide References are based on the Configuration Guide available on the SAP Service Marketplace.
If you would like a copy, you can download it from Service Marketplace by clicking this link:
Configuration Guide for Integrating SAP ERP and SAP Sourcing
|Step||Description||Config Guide Reference|
|1.||First perform the “Basic Configuration of Integrated Systems” as described in Chapter 3 of the Configuration Guide.||3|
|2.||Extract the Unit Category Text and Unit Category customizing data from ERP using program BBP_ES_CUSTOMIZINGDATA_EXT_CSV||4.1.1|
Extract the following customizing data from SAP ERP:
using program BBP_ES_CUSTOMIZINGDATA_EXTRACT
Import the customizing master data into SAP Sourcing in the specific order given below since dependencies exist between certain customizing master data objects:
1) Currency ISO Codes
3) Unit Category Text
4) Unit Category
5) UOM ISO Codes
6) Unit of Measure
7) Company codes
8) Purchasing organizations
11) Purchasing groups
12) Material groups
13) Payment terms
14) Condition types (price conditions)
16) Vendor Account Groups
|5.||For the initial load, extract Material Masters from ERP using report program BBP_ES_MASTERDATA_EXTRACT||4.2.1|
|6.||For the initial load, import the Material Masters extracted above into SAP Sourcing.||4.2.1|
|7.||Configure ERP, Netweaver PI, and SAP Sourcing as described in Configuration Guide section 4.2.2 to automatically create and pass MATMAS05 IDocs from ERP, through PI, and into SAP Sourcing so that all Material Master changes (“deltas”) are replicated into SAP Sourcing. Note that this configuration step should be coordinated with the Material Masters initial load extract above so that any changes to the Material Master data after the initial load extract are not lost.||4.2.2|
|8.||For the initial load, extract Vendor Masters from ERP using report program BBP_ES_MASTERDATA_EXTRACT||188.8.131.52|
|9.||For the initial load, import the Vendor Masters extracted above into SAP Sourcing.||184.108.40.206|
|10.||Configure ERP, Netweaver PI, and SAP Sourcing as described in Configuration Guide section 220.127.116.11 to automatically create and pass CREMAS05 IDocs from ERP, through PI, and into SAP Sourcing so that all Vendor Master changes (“deltas”) are replicated into SAP Sourcing. Note that this configuration step should be coordinated with the Vendor Masters initial load extract above so that any changes to the Vendor Master data after the initial load extract are not lost.||18.104.22.168|
- If you plan on publishing Suppliers from SAP Sourcing to SAP ERP, follow the additional instructions in Configuration Guide section 4.3.2.
- If you plan on integrating to multiple SAP ERPs – to take advantage of the ability to distribute SRM Central Contracts to multiple ERPs via the SAP Sourcing/CLM SRM integration – follow the additional instructions in Configuration Guide section 4.3.4.
There are a number of blogs which have been written on the topic of Sourcing/CLM Integration with ERP. The following are additional blogs that you might find useful:
- Changing SAP Sourcing Objects From Local To Replicated From ECC
- Debugging MA publish to ERP
- ERP integration with SAP Sourcing – tips and tricks
- Extracting ERP Master data for SAP Sourcing
- How to configure Price Conditions in SAP Sourcing (from Wave 8 onwards)
- How to configure Price Conditions in SAP Sourcing (Part II)
- Implement Service Master in SAP Sourcing / CLM
- SAP ERP RFQ Integration with SAP Sourcing – How to choose which RFx template in SAP Sourcing should be used?
- SAP ERP RFQ Integration with SAP Sourcing – Making the RFQ user the RFX owner
- SAP Sourcing / CLM and ECC Integration – Editing Contract Line Items in ECC
- SAP Sourcing/CLM: ERP Integration with centralized Purchasing Organizations
- Using Price Conditions in SAP Sourcing