Architecture Bluebook: SAP HANA Redefining Customer Analytics
SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence, powered by HANA is a suite of high performance applications (HPAs) for marketing and sales lines of business that only became possible with our key innovation SAP HANA, enabling a fundamental change in customer analytics. The latest architecture bluebook describes the concepts of SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence 1.1 SP01. The target group for this bluebook is technical readers who need to know the concepts and want to learn about customer analytics. It may also help consultants to understand the capabilities of SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence and what benefits they can expect, and to some degree how to implement this product.
HPAs are built as add-ons to the SAP NetWeaver Application Server (AS) ABAP 7.40 with SAP HANA as the primary database. As shown in the following high-level architecture diagram, the Business Suite Foundation, gateway components, and SAP NetWeaver UI Extension Add-On are deployed on top of the AS ABAP.
SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence is natively built using SAP HANA for transactional and analytical features. It provides high value to customers and comes with the following key capabilities and benefits:
- Big Data – Leverage SAP HANA natively for high-performing analysis on huge volumes of granular data and built-in predictive calculations – all based on data replicated from SAP and non-SAP systems
- Insight-to-action – Combine analytics with transactions to convert insight immediately into action
- Superior user experience leveraging SAPUI5/HTML5 including social collaboration
- Adoption in a risk-free, non-disruptive, side-by-side mode, with on-premise deployment or in the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
- Continuous innovation with quarterly deliveries
Analyzing, measuring, and proving the top-line and bottom-line contribution of marketing activities are critical success factors in a business environment that challenges marketing budgets. With SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence, SAP enables marketing departments to drive demand, qualify leads, and win customers more efficiently based on real-time consumer insights and targeted action.