The initial offered appliance delivery of SAP HANA required a separated deployment approach of the SAP HANA and the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP system using separated SAP HANA hardware.
Now with SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP on one server we are offering a multi-component, resource and cost optimized deployment approach.
The SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP on one server deployment approach helps you to:
- Perform a simplified landscape set-up
- Optimize hardware resource utilization
- Save cost and operation effort for IT management
Since December 19, 2013 SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP on one server is generally available for all productive and non-productive SAP HANA SPS07 single node installations. All products based on SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 are supported.
- Additive sizing – Additional memory resources for the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP system needs to be available on the SAP HANA server. For more information on memory sizing, see SAP Release Note – 1953429.
- Separate SID‘s for both systems required.
- SAP HANA software installation –The exam “SAP Certified Technology Specialist (Edition 2013) – SAP HANA Installation” (E_HANAINS131) needs to be successfully passed for a person to perform SAP HANA software installations. For more information, see SAP Training and Certification Shop.
High-Availability setup based on System Replication
The SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP on one sever deployment approach is also available as a high-availability setup based on System Replication.
Learn more about SAP HANA tailored data center integration by checking out the blogs and documents below: