Most organizations are striving for innovation and trying to keep up with competitors and changing industries, and trying gain an edge by delivering on customer demand. Often times the desire to innovate and the need to innovate are intertwined, but the reliance on IT to catalyze the process can sometimes be a hindrance to getting it done.
By optimizing IT and making it run more efficiently, a portion of the budget can be freed and allocated to innovation. To do this, organizations can look to optimizing IT to enable faster innovation, and drive business success.
So, how can IT be optimized to run more efficiently and maintain stability?
By partnering with SAP, organizations can work to build solutions that reduce complexity, risk, and cost, and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to track success. SAP has the expertise, knowledge, and support to work in a with companies to dramatically increase operational efficiency and shift the budget to innovation through the life cycle management for IT operational efficiency services from SAP.
The goal is to create a framework for continuous innovation and allow companies to focus on what’s coming and what’s next, as opposed to being held up by IT and budget constraints. As part of the process, SAP becomes a part of the IT operations team and prepare the IT landscape to support rapid innovation.
A brief overview of the process includes:
- Objectives – by conducting interviews and an analysis of data, the operations and risks will be identified. Discussion about mitigating risk, reducing cost, and making the most of opportunities happens here.
- Business Case and Road map – during this stage, the collaborative process leads to a compelling business case and road map for with a detailed ROI analysis and SAP commitments on KPI improvements.
- Implement – this is the stage where the road map is implemented by working alongside an extended SAP team.
- Measurement – Once implemented, success is measured by tracking improvements in costs and KPIs as defined, and exposes other opportunities to continue the life cycle.
- Innovation – And this is where SAP assists in showing how innovations can be made more rapidly, and the budget allocation is available to make this happen.
This is just an overview, so for more information, please refer to the Laying the Foundation for Faster Innovation by Optimizing IT information sheet.