Here is a quick guide how to configure workflow to send email notifications and tasks. This feature allows admin users (key users) to configure (no code involved):
1. The content of the email notification. This content can be simple text to branded HTML emails. There are also macros/placeholders that can “mail merge” the business object data into the email/task. For example, you can create a generic template email with HTML content and placeholders. When the email notification is triggered it can replace the #CUSTOMERNAME# placeholder in the template with the business object data.
2. The conditions/rules which will define when an email notification is sent. This rules engine is very flexible so it can evaluate any of the business object fields and create simple to complex multi-condition statements. For example, you can create a rule that when the service request status changes from Open to In Progress OR processor = Default Team send the email notification
3. The recipients of the email notification. You can define specific parties that receive the email notification which can either be named Cloud for Customer users or the email address of a Customer. In addition, if you add additional party roles via flexible involved parties feature they too can be recipients of the email notification
Here is how to do it. I will use Cloud for Customer Service Request as an example.
1. Go to Administrator or Application and User Management -> Workflow -> Notification Rules work center
2. Click on New or Edit an existing notification rule
3. Choose which business object, what type of notification, content of notification, business object data you want in the notification, and HTML template to format the notification.
I have attached some HTML template examples you can use. Use any HTML editor of your liking. I use opensource Mozilla SeaMonkey The SeaMonkey&reg; Project You will first need to create a template in Cloud for Customer, upload the HTML associated with it, activate it, and then reference the template below.
4. Configure rules/conditions you want the notification to be sent
5. Configure the recipients of the notification
6. Test the notification