BPCA Integration with SAP Quality Center by HP – Where to find information
In my blog about BPCA improvements with SAP Solution Manager SP10, where I described the SAP Teched Amsterdam 2013 session ITM264 – Change Impact Analysis of SAP Upgrades using BPCA, Vivek Hegde asked in his comment about the integration with SAP Quality Center by HP. I have not worked with it yet, but I know there is some information available, so I decided to write this short blog showing where to find this info in the SAP Service Marketplace.
This integration was briefly mentioned in another SAP TechEd 2013 session: ITM117 – Test Management Overview: What’s New with SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP05 and beyond.
Go to SAP Support->Ramp-up knowledge transfer. Select SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and Test Management. In Test option 2 there is a document about the integration.
As I don’t have SAP QC by HP in any customer at the moment to show it working, I can just show some slides of this document for those who can’t access the link. I will not blog a copy of the whole document, of course.
There are some pre-requisites for this integration.
In the SAP Solution Manager side:
1. You need SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP05 or higher
2. Your managed systems must be connected and have the latest ST-PI
3. You need to configure SAP QC by HP adapter
4. Business Blueprint must be synchronized with SAP QC by HP
In the SAP QC by HP side:
1. ALM 11.0 or higher
2. EI 2.7
3. Requirements coming from SAP Solution Manager mapped to test cases in ALM
Slides from the SAP document:
Once the preparation is done, you can:
1. Trigger BPCA from SAP QC by HP
2. Do Impact analysis based on SAP QC by HP
3. Create Test Set in SAP QC by HP from BPCA
4. Perform Test Scope Optimization based on SAP QC by HP.
5. Create Test Set in SAP QC by HP with BPCA-TSO (Test Scope Optimization)
6. Extend existing Test Set in SAP QC by HP
I hope Vivek can share with us his experience if he makes this integration 😉 .