Finding the variables – Using Bex Query Techical Names
Another way to find the variables used in a query using query name without using any abap program.
Tip to find the queries which has external data access settings enabled in the Bex Query Designer.
Transaction – SE 16,
- In RSRREPDIR – Input the query name in COMPID , can use info cube input too.
- Input 1.COMPUID in RSZCOMPDIR.COMPUID to check the query Tech Name.
- Input 2.COMPUID in RSZELTDIR.ELTUID
- Input 3.ELTUID in RSZELTTXT.ELTUID to get the TXTLG – Query Description
- Input 4.ELTUID in RSZELTXREF.SELTUID to get the TELTUID (Variable UID) and Info Cube Technical Name. LAYTP says if its Variable or Sheet or SOB.
- Input 5.TELTUID in RSZELTTXT.ELTUID to get the Variable Description – TXTLG
Output of 5 which has SOB/SHT is ignored in this output.
7. To find the type of variable input the output got from 6.ELTUID into RSZCOMPDIR.COMPUID , COMPID will give the Variable Type if Naming Conventions are followed.
Note : If the naming convention is followed for the variable types it can be easily identified.
eg : ZV_SV_O_FISCYR_CV – Characteristic Variable with selections and its Optional.
Finding queries has external data access settings
- Get COMPUID from RSRREPDIR
2. Input 1.COMPUID = RSZELTPROP.ELTU ID with RFCSUPPORT = X and get the Query Tech Name.
3. Input 2.ELTUID = RSZELTTXT.ELTUID get the Query Description
Thanks for reading, hope this helps a bit …