Understanding Management Cockpit in SMP 3.0
We all must have used Sybase Control Center (for SUP 2.2.x &earlier versions) and SAP Control Center (for SMP 2.3.x). But for SAP Mobile Platform 3.0, it is being called as Management cockpit.
generally URL for SCC: https://<sup server ip>:8283/scc/# (by default, credentials used for accessing it: supAdmin, s3pAdmin)
URL for Management Cockpit: https://<SMP server ip>:8083/Admin (by default, credentials used for accessing it: smpAdmin, s3pAdmin)
where 8083 is https admin port.
In one sentence i can say, management cockpit is used for deploying, managing and monitoring native, hybrid and Agentry applications. Best part is it can run on windows as well as Linux systems.
We are much very familiar with Administrator’s tasks like security administration, server administration, application administration.
As soon as Login is successful, we get to see one Home screen of management cockpit. Here, we can number of applications, users, and registrations.
* Applications: Shows number of configured applications.
* User: shows number of users using configured apps.
* Registrations: shows number of registrations.
We do have graphical representation also for running apps, registered device.
Registration by Device Type: a pie-chart representation shows how registration (by device type) is distributed.
Users/application: A graphical representation of number of users per application.
Moving towards Applications tab, we can see number of configured applications with details like application id, app name, type , vendor, status etc and we can create a new application also. We can create application id of type Native, Hybrid, and agentry .
There are many more features that can be added to the new created application.
- Defining back-end connection
- Assigning security profile to the selected application
- Defining the client password policy to unlock the DataVault, for the selected application.
- configure PUSH settings
- client Resources
This screen will show information about registered user, client logs etc.
- Here we can report on user activity per app and across apps (with different possible combination).
- We can select a particular Vendor and a particular app (OR all app assigned to a particular vendor) assigned to this with defined Time (1 day, 7 days, ) Frame and analysis the statistic by device in line graph, bar graph form.
we can do the settings for application logs, can modify auto purge functionality.
Log Trace level can be set under Server Log settings.
we can see server.log file (and earlier generated server log files), event log, agentry log here itself under server logs tab.
Note: I will be updating the same document based on my learning towards SMP 3.0