Using Certificates in SAP Mobile Documents Android Application
This blog explains you the steps to start using the certificate for log in for Android application for SAP Mobile Documents.
Note: With SP3 Android client, the experience is simplified and is described here Simplified login via certificate experience in SAP Mobile Document Android App
(Prerequisite) Exporting Certificate as file
You must extract the certificate as a “.pfx” file. Please follow steps below to extract it (on Windows):
- Run Certificate Manager Console
- Go to Personal > Certificates. Select the relevant certificate
- Right click All Tasks > Export
- Complete the wizard and save as *.pfx
The view exact steps on each operation system, you easily search it over internet e.g. for Windows 7 the steps are mentioned here.
Use the certificate in Android application for SAP Mobile Documents
- On your Android Device copy the .pfx file to your Downloads folder. Ensure that the file is copied to correct Downloads folder.
- Start SAP Mobile Documents Application. On Log in Screen choose the option “Log On with Certificate”
- Select the Certificate from the pop-up dialog
- Enter the password for the Certificate and press OK. The password is same as the one you specified while exporting the certificate.
- Next dialog will show you the details of the certificate. Press Ok to continue
Now , you log in credentials are ready for usage. Specify the SAP Mobile Document server URL and press Log On button.
SAP Mobile Documents Android Application is now ready for usage with your certificate
Have fun !