Adding Validation to F-43
Following t-codes are available to use validation or substitution functions:
· GGB0 Validation Maintenance
· GGB1 Substitution Maintenance
· GCVZ Rule Maintenance
· GGB4 Select action for validation/substitution, for example, activation of application areas, message usage or substituted fields
· GCX2 Definition of Includes for User Exits
· OB28 Activation of FI validations
· OBBH Activation of FI substitutions
· OBBZ Activation of cost of sales accounting substitution (in the FI area)
· OKC7 Activation of CO validations
· OKC9 Activation of CO substitutions
· GCT9 Transport: Validations
· GCT0 Transport: Substitutions
To add validation, we take GGB0 in account.
To display a warning/information message in f-43, if the vendor has more than one bank account, so that the user can select the correct bank account of vendor.
Go to GGB0 and create your validation. Here you have 3 things –
You can relevant prerequisite for your validation, a check and the message you want to display on the check.
Following is the validation step for the taken scenario –
In financial accounting,
Select line item level and create validation
You can now implement your validation/exit through the program RGGBR000. For this, you should copy it into the customer namespace, for example ZGGBR000.
The length of the name you choose should not exceed 8 characters.
To define your new user exit, you have to enter your user exit in the form routine GET_EXIT_TITLES.
Implement your logic in your exit routine as below –
Once you have implemented your logic, you need to activate your exit and define a call up point (header or line item). This is done using t-code OB28 as shown below –
Once you validation has entry here, it will be triggered. In taken scenario, while posting in F-43,
If vendor has more than one bank account, a warning message should be displayed. For the applied logic, please see the result below.