SAP PI is an integration technology and platform to drive integrated business process across heterogeneous and highly dynamic landscapes. As the Integration technologies are rapidly changing SAP PI is also scaled up from XI 3.0 to SAP PI 7.0, SAP PI 7.1 and SAP PI 7.3. In this blog i am trying to highlight the PI 7.3’s features and Advantages over previous versions.
SAP PI Previous Versions’ Limitations:-
- Could run only on dual stack as some adapters like IDOC,HTTP,WS–RM are still on ABAP stack.
- AAE concept is introduced in PI 7.1 but with some limitations like:
The sender and the receiver adapter must run on the same AAE
Adapters that run on the Integration Engine(ABAP ) cannot be used ( e. g. IDOC,HTTP and XI adapters)
ABAP based mapping is not possible
Only Simple Routing is possible , no payload based routing or message split.
- Frequent time outs in case of large files processing .
SAP PI7.3 Features:
- SAP Solution Manager based Centralized Monitoring, Single Stack ESB.
- User Centric perspectives in the ESR.
- Eclipse based standard editors for viewing the content of Enterprise Services Repository and Integration Directory.
- Single stack ESB capabilities through Advanced Adapter Engine-Up to 60% less energy consumption-Easy maintenance: Quick installation and less Hardware requirements compared to double stack.
- Advanced Adapter Engine Extended as AS Java only with own tools for design configuration and operations.
- Local ES Repository and Integration Directory, SLD, NWA, Monitoring
- IDOC and HTTP Adapters in AAE
- Very Large(binary) file-to-file transfer
- Interface and Mapping based message split on AAE
- Time Out configuration per communication channel
- Automated Transport for Schema Validation(XML validation has been redesigned)
- User defined message search ,replacing TREX
- JAVA based IDOC_AAE adapter supports ALEAUDIT(Application Acknowledgement)
- ccBPM is replaced by SAP NW BPMN.BPMN is system centric process while ccBPM is an user centric process.The Model-driven development environment based on the BPMN-standard improves developer productivity for implementing System Centric Processes.System Centric Processes allow us to gain adaptability, increase reusability.System Centric Processes orchestrate stateful integration processes of systems, applications, and services across SAP and non-SAP environments.
- New Add-On from SAP for PI 7.3x
1)Secure Connectivity Add-On
2) B2B Add-On
EDI XML CONVERTER
*For B2B (Business to Business) Add-On separte License is required.