Registering Manually Implemented SAP Notes
If you implemented corrections contained in SAP Notes in your SAP System before you installed the Note Assistant, you can make this known to the Note Assistant retroactively. This is important since the Note Assistant cannot automatically recognize whether a correction was implemented manually in your system without using the Note Assistant.
Registration offers the following benefits:
- All the SAP Notes that have been implemented in your system are displayed in the Note Browser.
- If a manually implemented SAP Note is a prerequisite for an SAP Note that you want to implement using the Note Assistant, the Note Assistant recognizes that the prerequisite SAP Note has already been implemented and does not prompt you to implement it again.
- For future Support Packages or upgrades, the manually implemented SAP Notes are displayed during the modification adjustment in the category SAP Note Corrections. The system determines whether these SAP Notes have to be implemented again or reset to their original status.
You have implemented SAP Notes manually without the Note Assistant.
- Call the SCWN_REGISTER_NOTES program with the ABAP Editor (transaction SE38).
- On the input screen of the program, enter the numbers of the completely implemented SAP Notes that you want to register.
- This may lead to the following situations:
- If you have created an RFC connection to the SAPNet – R/3 Frontend, the program automatically loads the SAP Notes that are to be registered into the database of your system.
- If you have not created an RFC connection, first you must load the SAP Notes that are to be registered from the SAP Service Marketplace. Then perform an Upload in the Note Assistant.
The program checks whether the SAP Notes are valid for your release and Support Package level. The system also checks whether the SAP Notes have already been registered in the Note Assistant as implemented.The system displays the results of these checks in a list.
- To register the SAP Note, choose Execute.
Info:- To register an SAP Note as implemented, the system must enter the SAP Note together with the objects that are corrected by this SAP Note in a change request. By transporting this request you also register the SAP Notes in your follow-on systems as implemented. If you cannot enter the SAP Note and its objects in a request (because some objects are locked by other requests, for example), the system terminates registration.
The system registers the valid SAP Notes that have been implemented manually as completely implemented in your system, and automatically sets the processing status to Completed. Every SAP Note has a log entry in which the time and the user who triggered the registration are recorded. Invalid SAP Notes cannot be registered as implemented. This is not necessary since these corrections have already been imported into your system in the form of a Support Package. The processing status of these SAP Notes is automatically set to not relevant.